Sunday, August 23, 2009

Favre's Follies...

Wow. I can finally call myself a noob. For those of you unfamiliar with the terminology of online gaming a noob is a slang term for someone new to Internet activity. (aka newbie). Yes, this is the beginning of my blog on none other than the media giant ESPN. Or sports if that makes you more comfortable.

For those of you who don't know me or may find me on the Internet...Name: Seth Wisner. Height: 4'8". Bats: R. Throws: R. Ahhh apologies, I was reading my 6th grade baseball card. How rude of me not to properly introduce myself. I am currently a junior at Gustavus Adolphus College (a small liberal arts college in Minnesota) and I'm aspiring to be a sports journalist. Surprised? Thought so.

But I digress. As a Wisconsin resident for the last 18 years, it seemed like my first post was handed to me on a platter when Favre announced his unretirement AGAIN last Tuesday. Yes, I admit, I was an avid Favre supporter in his great days in Green Bay and own a Favre jersey that I am now closer to burning than framing. Along with everyone else in Wisconsin, I think it's pretty safe to say I was extremely thankful a couple weeks ago when Favre announced he would surprisingly stay retired. Only to feel the wrath of Favre's selfishness overtake the media once again last Tuesday. I only came to one conclusion: Brett Favre wanted the NFL to be renamed the BFG or Brett Favre Guild. This is not to be confused with his lollipop-loving Munchkin brothers in the land of Oz (if only his ego was as small as they were). OR Roald Dahl's famous book The BFG (The Big Friendly Giant). Brett Favre is far from big and friendly to Green Bay anymore. How can the face of the franchise for 16 of the past 17 years, tell Green Bay that true fans would understand. EXCUSE ME?? Ummm....Mr. Favre? The Green Bay Packers continue to be the ONLY, yes you heard me right, ONLY professional franchise owned by the city and not some corporate giant. They are controlled BY the fans and may have the most devoted fans in the BFG or excuse me the NFL. To understand their beloved quarterback broadcasting his desires to join the arch rivals across the Mighty Mississippi is frankly impossible.

In short, Favre is egotistical and far too senile for NFL quarterbacks. After all, he does have a torn rotator cuff. My only question: How long until Favre gets blasted and can't throw a football much less lift his arm past his shoulder? Will TJack and Sage just disregard all their animosity towards Childress after he lied to their whole team during the offseason and sprint onto the field ready to lead the Vikings to the promised land? I think not.

In other, much less exciting news, Eric Bruntlett turned the first unassisted triple play to end a baseball game since 1927. My St. Louis Cardinals appeared to have made another spectacular pick up off waivers with 42-year-old John Smoltz tossing 5 shut out innings of 3 hit ball with 9 punchouts. Oh and the Yankees beat the Red Sox but who cares about them except for...well them.

For anyone who finds me via the internet or is just interested in whatever I have to say, I plan on posting every night about this wonderful world of sports. However, my alter ego procrastination may bite once in a while during the school days that are fast approaching. Until then...Adios Amigos. Me encantan los deportes. (For those of you less fortunate to know espaƱol, Goodbye friends. I love sports.)


No comments:

Post a Comment