Sunday, September 13, 2009

FOOTBALL. FINALLY.

Ahhh the glorious day has finally arrived. It happens only once a year and just may possibly be one of the best days of my life. It is the ONE and ONLY day when Brewers fans finally realize their team will not be going to the playoffs anymore and I can join them in cheering on a legitimate professional sports team from Wisconsin...THE GREEN BAY PACKERS. Also known as the first Sunday of the NFL's season. Oh yeah, I get to see Terry Bradshow's beautiful balding head as well.

Now I realize that as I predicted, my alter ego procrastination bit coupled with a fair amount of what I had grown unaccustomed to this summer, homework. I also have moved into an apartment on the Gustavus Adolphus Campus and can honestly say I'm not used to doing dishes. Oops. The irony of my opening paragraph concerning the Brewers was that Prince Fielder still believes in the Brewers playoff hopes despite their 68-73 record. So much so that when they win a game, he ORGANIZED a walk-off celebration. Are you kidding me Prince? You won the home run derby, your team is terrible, and you are cocky enough to organize your own walk-off home run celebration. One word: Classy.

It is now 11:58 AM, Sunday September 13th. This means two things: 1) It has been 10 days since I posted last. Lo siento. (I'm sorry.) 2) It is now 2 minutes from kickoff in Cleveland in what will begin Brett Favre's tumultuous last season as an NFL player...I hope. Now I could really care less at this point that one of the most decorated quarterbacks in terms of holding career records will grace Canton, Ohio at the Football Hall of Fame with his #4 Packers jersey donned to remind everyone of his truly great days as a football player. What matters now is he has brought upon himself the abundance of gray hair at 40 jokes while still thinking he can play football. Can you say laughing stock of the NFL? Yeah, not too difficult.

It is now 12:09 PM and the Browns kicked a field goal on their opening drive making the score Browns 3 Vikings 0. This means Brett Favre will soon grace the field with his presence. YAY. NOT. I guess I can only maintain my sanity for so long documenting Favre's efforts in this latest football season since another faux retirement.

12:12 PM. 2 plays, 2 runs, 1 yard.
12:13 PM Favre: 1-1 for -1 yards. 3 and out.

WHAT A GREAT START. THEY ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. OH MY GOSH THE VIKINGS ARE SO AMAZING.

I guess it's only 1 drive but I can enjoy it while the Vikings less than specatcular play continues with #4 at the helm.

Since my punch line no longer works with procrastination circling like a shark in a pool of bloody water, Until next time...Adios Amigos. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?

PS If I'm in a mental hospital in St. Peter tomorrow, you will know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment